Monday, April 27, 2015

Consumer Show Etiquette Revisited... Again!

I have posted at least twice now about customer etiquette at a consumer show. If you need a refresher you can catch up by clicking here. But there's more.

Last year I had placed two chairs in my booth to display product on. A customer removed the product and sat on a chair, for more than 10 minutes. When politely asked if I could help her make a purchase she said no. She just wanted to rest. Then two of her friends showed up and they camped out chatting for several minutes. Again, I asked if they required help. They said no, they were just chatting. I politely said there were designated rest areas throughout the show and I needed the space for serving customers. They looked at me like I had two heads.

This time, I removed all chairs but I do have a table for cutting fabrics. That I can't remove. Now people are leaning on my table to rest. When people do that they are blocking me from serving customers. Just don't.

People, exhibitors pay $200 per square foot to be at a major consumer show. If you're not buying or considering buying or even looking, just move on.

Also, don't take up a lot of a vendor's time if you have no intention of making a purchase, or you are going to buy the product somewhere else. It's simply poor manners.
I know that I am talking about the very few inconsiderate or thoughtless people. But they detract from the experience of everyone else.

I would like to thank the hundreds of people who come to the show and are polite, thoughtful and considerate. You are the majority and you are appreciated beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment