Thursday, September 1, 2011

Soho Coat - Shortened

Soho Coat Shortened
The Sewing Workshop pattern collection has unique and interesting garment patterns and I have used them since I first discovered them at the Creativ Festival over a decade ago.

The Soho Coat sewing pattern comes as a full length coat pattern and I have sewn that version three times now. But unless it is particularly cold out I find that I get much more use out of my shorter jackets. They are easier to wear with pants for walking and they are easier to wear for getting into and out of the car.

So I shortened the pattern by nine inches and made it up in this gorgeous poly-cotton pewter and black ginkgo jacquard. The print is reversible which is great for this coat because the wrong side shows in the hood area.

The diagonal lines of the cross over front, A-line silhouette and the curved hem make this coat stylish and flattering on many figure types.

You can read my full review of this pattern on Pattern Review.

1 comment:

  1. I love the coat and the fabric. I too am a fan of the ginko. Did you know that the ginko tree dates back to pre-historic times? Anyway, great coat. I am going to check out that pattern. I threw all my coats and jackets away this spring as they were completely worn. Every year I say that I am going to make a new coat.... Well this year I HAVE to!

    ReplyDelete