Friday, April 8, 2011

Creativ Festival Coming Up Fast!

Riviera Shirt
Yes, we all procrastinate (well maybe not all but I have it on good authority that many of us do). And that would be why I am sewing up a storm here in my studio in preparation for the daily Shirtmaking Fashion and Trunk Show at the Creativ Festival April 15 and 16, 2011.

I have completed several shirts already from Islander Sewing Systems. I even recovered from my teenage daughter the Easy Shirt with hood that went AWOL last fall for several months. That is testimony to the fact that your teenager will wear what you sew if get the right combination of fabric and style.

I am particularly pleased with the Victorian Shirt, a Folkwear shirt pattern with bib, collar stand, yoke and cuffs. It went together perfectly and in crisp white cotton/linen is wow!

Now on to the Riviera Shirt from The Sewing Workshop Collection. This pattern has been around for several years now and I have made it many times in linen and drapey rayon. My newest creation is from a fuschia and black Princess Mirah batik rayon and Island Batik solid black rayon. This shirt has a collar band and collar, drop shoulders and is finished cleanly with faux flat-felled seams.

Back to the sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. I will look for you and your creation at the show. I still haven't decided what to make.

    ReplyDelete