Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Who Knew?

There's a plethora of sales out there right now aimed at getting consumers to open their wallets. They are tempting us with unbelievable markdowns. Purchases we wouldn't otherwise make. Or if we are lucky, a needed item that we have been holding off on.

Today McCall's and Butterick patterns are on sale for $1.99 each. Vogue patterns are priced at $3.99 each. And shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses is free for orders of $15 or more. Very tempting...

But maybe, just maybe, that $15 could be put towards a purchase that you will definitely use and enjoy.

I spent a day recently going through my pattern stash.  There are many loved and much used ones; but there are many times more patterns that I bought on sale, just because they were on sale. It hit me in the pit of my stomach that I had wasted a lot of money, hundreds of dollars in fact. It was very sobering.

I love to sew and I will continue to purchase sewing items, but I'm going to think twice before I buy something just because it was on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment