Friday, October 1, 2010

What would Nandini do?

Katherine Tilton (Nandini)
At the American Sewing Expo I had the pleasure of meeting Katherine Tilton (aka Nandini) and attending her seminar "The Arty T". She is a delightful and talented artist who is so sharing of her ideas and work. Katherine's slide show was full of great ideas on how to transform T-shirts or to make fabulous designer T's inspired by Paris originals.
Her booth was constantly a buzz of activity with buyers snapping up coordinated designer knits and Marcy Tilton's fabulous silk screens. I was lucky enough to catch a demonstration of how to use the silk screens. It is unbelievably easy and requires only a sponge brush, Lumiere textile paints by Jacquard and fabric.

Katherine helped me pick out three silk screens that would work well together and now I am playing with them on scraps of an Annabelle viscose lycra knit slate blue fabric. I am making The Olive Top from The Sewing Workshop Collection--their latest pattern. I plan to screen the top to make it more interesting.

You can purchase the designer knits and silk screens from Marcy Tilton's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment