Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gunnel Hag and Colour Vie

Fabric Painted with Colour Vie

This past July I had the pleasure of taking a five-day course from Gunnel Hag at the Haliburton School of the Arts. I had seen Gunnel at her booth at the Creativ Festival many times in the past and was intrigued by her products and her printed fabrics. When I saw she was teaching at the school near our cottage, I decided it was time.

I had the pleasure of taking the course with my sewing friends, Joanne Thomson of Joanne's Creative Notions and Lorna Rae, a talented custom clothier and fibre artist from Harrowsmith. Gunnel is an amazing artist who is not only talented but so giving of herself and her art. We were so inspired and had such a good time.

You don't have to wait until next summer to take a course from Gunnel.  She has just posted her fall workshops online. Visit http://www.colourvie.com/ and click on the "workshop" link.

No comments:

Post a Comment