Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Fantasia Jacket - It's Finished

I can't find the cable that I need to download pictures to my computer. I've obviously placed it in a very safe location... again. Otherwise I would have a picture to show you.

I topped each godet with a chinese knot button (a real one, not a plastic molded button) that I was fortunate to find at the Soutache booth at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI. As I chatted with Maili, the owner of the business, my eyes rested upon the very thing I had been looking for for weeks. The moral of the story is that it never hurts to stop and engage in a conversation at a booth, even if you think they have nothing you want or need. I also picked up a very good skull button, for my daughter--maybe.

Soutache is located in Chicago, IL and they will do mail order, but you have telephone first.  Here is the URL http://soutacheribbons.com/. They have lots of buttons, trims and ribbons, and chinese knot buttons in black and white. And you can watch Maili on YouTube speaking about her store, products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment